[国际新闻] 美国军人医院老兵被错摘睾丸

美国军人医院再爆医疗事故丑闻 老兵被错摘睾丸
) x; R0 R% v. V4 ~' k3 h4 Q  K! {0 Y% {5 T- A) l5 m0 j( P
中新网洛杉矶4月5日电 近日,美国一名退役的老兵正式向联邦法院提起诉讼,指控一家老兵医院在手术中,错误地将其健康的睾丸摘除。5.35.249.64! x$ ~* _/ m2 e+ f! a

( P, S$ a. F" h" I  本杰明-霍顿现年47岁,曾经在美国空军中服役。由于查出其左侧睾丸中有癌细胞扩散,在洛杉矶退伍军人医疗中心接受了左侧睾丸摘除手术。但是不幸的是,由于医生在手术中的疏忽,错将其健康的右侧睾丸切除。
% A0 J' r: P( T( F. V
# V6 u+ Z; I" B: Z( L  本杰明-霍顿称,术后医生告诉他,“很不幸,我们错误地切除了您健康的睾丸。”当时,本杰明-霍顿还以为这是一个玩笑。当他知道真相后,完全惊呆了,“我问他们,那我应该怎么办?”医院的负责人已经正式向他表示了道歉。目前,本杰明-霍顿正在等待着切除左侧睾丸。 ( R5 V9 d2 A- p: K% {0 x8 Q
人在德国 社区7 A5 O- K8 f; J8 W
  本杰明-霍顿及其妻子已经向联邦法院提起诉讼,要求洛杉矶退伍军人医疗中心赔偿其损失20万美元,他们还希望,此事能够得到老兵团体们的关注,以改善退伍军人的医疗状况。/ j! {: F9 k9 l! K

" F2 m# v7 |4 @1 \  F  a5.35.249.64  美国老兵医院近日以来丑闻不断,先后爆出了缺医少药及环境恶劣等丑闻。新闻被曝光后,引起了公众的震惊。 美国国会对此非常愤怒,并迫使五角大楼三名高级官员为此辞职。布什也曾亲自对老兵们表达了道歉。

& P' K# r$ I# ~/ \: \6 @! }7 e* {) ^, v/ F6 g7 E: \3 ~
Veteran files claim after wrong testicle is removed at VA hospital in Los Angeles
7 Y8 I# [" J3 @- M" g4 O5.35.249.64 人在德国 社区: c  H* F" y5 K) q$ M; \- @
LOS ANGELES A veterans hospital in Los Angeles is under fire after removing an Air Force Veteran's healthy testicle instead of a potentially cancerous one.& Q4 b9 E2 J6 q) q* N  C3 ^

: s& _& ]2 }6 g9 o9 E* aBenjamin Houghton has filed a federal claim against the West Los Angeles V-A Medical Center. The 47-year-old veteran was to have had his left testicle removed June 14th because there was a chance it could harbor cancer cells. It also was atrophied and painful.0 u. _7 s& O; A. H: ?$ J
  ?" ?+ ?7 _- c# p' F/ j4 B! G- G
But medical records and the legal claim say doctors removed Houghton's healthy right testicle. The claim seeks 200-thousand dollars for future care and unspecified damages. He still hasn't had the other testicle removed.
7 k! Q3 U$ c3 n, `3 `7 M; I
; n0 x6 X4 Q0 V* c% T' bHoughton, his wife, and their attorney say they hope to get the V-A's attention by going public with the situation.
" u7 B) m. r( j! U0 I& L人在德国 社区+ E8 U5 b( a4 R  c
The hospital says it's apologized and changed practices as a result.
Share |
Share